This is me, Eccles

This is me, Eccles
This is me, Eccles

Tuesday 26 November 2013

New uncontroversial hymn

The hymn, "I vow to thee my country," much sung at memorial and remembrance services, has been criticised for being theologically a bit suspect. It is true that it does not capture the main ideas of modern religious thought, and accordingly we have rewritten the first verse to make it totally uncontroversial. Any resemblance to other famous hymns is purely intentional.

sunlight

I like to watch the sunlight.

I like to watch the sunlight, all earthly things above:
For walking in the shining light's a thing I really love.
Oh, the colours of the daytime are a-dawning in my mind;
With a "Kum Ba Yah" and "Follow me" I leave the dark behind.
I see the grass and trees: if I were a butterfly,
I'd be dancing in the morning, with the Lord of sea and sky. 
(Ch Ch).
yokels dancing

All join the dance, now!

2 comments: