This is me, Eccles

This is me, Eccles
This is me, Eccles

Saturday 16 August 2014

Devilodge bans the Gideon Bible

The hotel chain Devilodge has announced that it will be removing the Gideon Bibles supplied to its guest rooms, "in order not to discriminate against any religion".

Gideon Bible

Too discriminatory for Devilodge.

It is thought that they originally planned to replace them with copies of the secularists' Guardian Bible, written by Laurie Penny, Owen Jones, Giles Fraser and Simon Jenkins, but, thanks to the good folk at Scarfolk Council, we have come across some other books that will replace the Gideon Bible.

Muslims can of course ask for the Koran, but here is an alternative that can be requested by ticking the appropriate box when you book online.

Bomb-making book

For the more militant traveller.

Satanists, too, are welcomed at Devilodge, and here is a book for them.

Witchcraft book

A good read.

Finally, with Calvary-Chapel types, such as my brother Bosco, in mind, here is something for the Evangelical Christian.

Rapture book

Getting ready for the big day.

Thanks again to Scarfolk Council for some brilliant ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll bring my "Canterbury Tales" instead.


    Neopelagianus

    ReplyDelete