1. And Richard continued to age, yet still he failed to grow in wisdom and kindness.
2. Thus it came to pass that his wife Lalla agreed an "entirely amicable" separation with him, for she was finally exasperated by the selfishness of his genes.
3. And no man can say whether she threw plates at him.
Richard, Lalla and K9 (Mark 10) in happier times.
4. So Richard sought solace in good deeds, such as moaning about Brexit, moaning about the Trump that is called Donald, and of course moaning about religion.
5. For he continued to smite the Christians with a series of hard-hitting books, films, television programmes, interviews, tweets, exotic dances, oil paintings, sculptures, cartoons, operas, plays, novels, talking parrots, rude vegetables, and graffiti.
6. All of which bore the powerful message "I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG."
7. Thus Richard crushed the Christians with all the resources at hand, except of course for theology, philosophy and reading comprehension; for in his life as a Renaissance Man he had never had the chance to study any of these.
An angel heareth the words of Dawkins.
8. And Richard continued to be praised by those who hated God, and even in his seventy-seventh year he continued to travel.
9. He even defeated Katie Hopkins, Austen Ivereigh, and Damian Thompson, in a context to find the politest person in Britain.
10. So it came to pass that Richard was invited to Berke-ley in the land of Cali-fornia, that he might speak on his book, "Another old potboiler", subtitled "Richard Dawkins - the years of martyrdom".
11. For the land of Cali-fornia abounded in atheists, liberals, sceptics, lunatics, freaks, weirdos, and hippies, and was thus only too pleased to welcome Richard to its shores.
"Yeah, man, Richard is a cool dude, don't you know?"
12. But it was not to be. For when crushing the Christians, Richard had not hesitated in mangling the Muslims as well.
13. And if there was one sin for the children of Cali-fornia, it was intolerance: except, curiously, intolerance of Christianity, which was often encouraged.
14. And indeed the mangling of Muslims is the worst crime of all (except, possibly, telling the transgendered to "get real").
15. So Richard was left to mourn in Oxford; and he wailed profusely and gnashed those few teeth that remained unto him.
To be continued